On average the course itself will cost 32,000 – 35,000 Thai Baht, which works out to roughly $1000-1070 US. This should include:
- PADI Divemaster manual
- Divemaster slates
- PADI Instructor Manual
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Scuba Tune-up Guidebook (used to conduct refresher courses)
- Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) Cue Cards
- PADI Professional Log Book
- PADI Divemaster Application package
Plus the training itself from a certified PADI Instructor, along with perks such as:
- Flexible durations
- Discounted equipment packages
- Assistance finding accommodation (or generally accommodation can be provided for an extra fee and is included in some packages).
- Pickup upon arrival (i.e when arriving to the pier on Koh Tao or Koh Phi Phi).
Make sure that your package includes all necessary material as listed in the first group. We also highly recommend choosing a shop that has extra perks, such as the ones listed secondly. This makes your experience better and shows that the shop/resort takes the training of its’ divemasters seriously and wants to provide you with the tools that will make you a successful PADI Divemaster.